Have you ever dreamt of owning your own business but don’t know where to start? Are you looking for advice and support from mentors and coaches? Do you want to know if your business is worth pursuing? Follow this checklist to get started:
- Signup for your free YouthWEB account by clicking the signup button near the top of the page.
- Interested in starting your own business, check out our Be Your Own Boss (BYOB) toolkit here.
- Looking for a mentor to assist you with your business idea, search our database to find an expert.
- Learn about your industry! Familiarise yourself with industry resources, including trade sites, professional organisations, and events using Helpful Services search.
- Take a personality test to understand what working environments work best for you.
- Develop networking, interviewing, and other professional skills by attending one of our networking and mentoring workshops.
- Look for options to fund your business. Consider crowdfunding your idea.
- For additional information check out some government resources here: www.business.gov.au.