Here are a few questions you should consider when volunteering or applying for work experience:
- What are your motivations for working/volunteering?
- What are you passionate about and love to do?
- How much time can you commit to a work experience placement?
- How long will it take you to get to the workplace from your home or school? Are you able to cover your travel expenses?
- Do you satisfy the minimum requirements (age, language, experience, etc.)?
- Will you be covered by the company’s insurance?
- Do you have/require police a current police clearance? Apply for a police record check.
- Does the purpose of the organisation match your own values and beliefs?
- Does the organisation offer the sort of work that interests you and can develop your skills?
- Are there specific descriptions, rules, responsibilities and policy in place for the work you will be doing?
- Does the organisation have a contact person to support and supervise you?
- Will you receive adequate training and orientation to perform your role?
- Will the organisation provide you with a written reference?
For information regarding volunteering, please refer to: https://www.volunteeringaustralia.org/volunteering-resources/volunteers/