Ex mechanic, sold up all my stuff and headed to s the USA spent 3.5 years overseas before the Internet, eg very little contact with Australia, the times they had changed so I had to to. Took up sales and create my own Business 16 years ago….re invent your self, reinvest in you, become more valuable to others…
Top 5 characteristics of people who work in your field.
- Being open to new ideas, people and situations
- Managing risk and reward
- optimism eg it won’t kill you if goes a bit pear shaped
- a genuine interest in others and being in service
- Leadership, helping your team
Top 5 skills relevant to working in your industry.
- Sales skills
- being able open a path of communication
- finding a solution to the problem
- asking for the order….
- empathy, listening, every one wants to feel special,
- asking people their names…
What education / experience is necessary for your role?
Education and skills can be learnt just about any where now, be prepared to jump in, ask questions, do you own research, copy others, go over and above what you know now. We all lean from each other and especially from different disciplines.
How can interested readers follow / contact you?
Facebook mainly, they can call me and set up one to one meeting, Skype etc….
Where can readers find out more about the industry?
Your local LIBARY is the place to seat digging