Degree in Advertising Art from SA School of Art, majoring in film & TV. Journalist/photographer/camera for Channels 9,7 & ABC and Reuters, BBC and TF1(Paris).
Started own company: Studio J Production supplying films, commercials and documentaries as well as marketing and advertising for large & small businesses. Head hunted to bring my skills to Local Government and also State Government. Became a problem solver, specializing in Change Management.
Completed Conflict resolution and negotiation qualifications. Completed an MBA, majoring in Managerial Finance, Contracts, and Sustainable Energy Management. Won a scholarship to European Summer School of Advance Management in Denmark. Advisor/consultant to Local/State and Federal Government on Project Management, Financial Management, Business Management, Change Management as well as Marketing, Promotions and Event Management.
Top 5 characteristics of people who work in your field
- Self starters and disrupters
- People orientated with a sense of humour
- Can see the big picture
- Refuse to give up!
- Prepared to work hard at their chosen craft. e.g. songwriting, singing, playing an instrument.
Top 5 skills relevant to working in your industry
- Good time-management skills
- Financial experience to set budgets, see problems
- Wide business experience across many industries
- Good IT skills and social-media experienced.
What education/experiences is necessary for your role?
- Basic project Management qualifications e.g Prince2
- Wide IT experience across all platforms
- Business Management qualifications/experience
- Financial qualifications/experience
- Preferably an MBA masters level