I started when I was 16. I did a 4 year course at Tafe and worked as well. Over time I built myself into have my own salon
Top 5 Characteristics of people who work in your field
- Being able to make decisions
- Enjoy being with people
- Being able to take negative feedback and work with it
- Making right choices for the clients
Top 5 skills relevant to working in your industry
- People skills
- Knowing what people really want and listening to clients
- Being compassionate
- Knowing fashion and taking pride in yourself so clients gain trust
What education/experience is necessary for your role?
Prior work experience is good. I was in high school when I started.